星期三, 六月 07, 2006

interesting

Found this on one of my friend's blog. Just couldn't help being a little bit amused at the simile at the end, and how certain things really never change.


He Says She Says

A few of my friends have raised questions over how the two genders think. I can offer no explanation even though Í'm supposed to be a biochemist in training because I really am no more enlightened than they are. What I do have, though, is the product of the wisdom of one of the "world's greatest living novelists". One excerpt is the reflection of a guy. The other is part of a letter written by a girl to the guy.

He says
" I really couldn't blame Midori for being angry. What with all the moving and fixing up and working for extra cash, I hadn't given her a second thought. Not even Naoko had crossed my mind the whole time. This was nothing new for me. Whenever I get involved in something, I shut out everything else."

She says
"Do you realize you did something terrible to me today? You never even noticed that my hairstyle had changed, did you? I've been working on it forever, [...] Don't you think that's awful? I bet you can't even remember what I was wearing today. Hey, I'm a girl! So what if you've got something on your mind? You can spare me one decent look! All you had to say was "Cute hair", and I would have been able to forgive you for being sunk in a million thoughts, but no!

Which is why I'm going to tell you a lie. It's not true that I have to meet my sister at the Ginza. I was planning to spend the night at your place. I even brought my pyjamas with me. [...]
But don't get me wrong, I'm not totally mad at you. I'm just sad. You were so nice to me when I was having my problems, but now that you're having yours, it seems there's not a thing I can do for you. You're all locked up in that little world of yours and when I try knocking on the door, you just sort of look up for a second and go right back inside.


So now I see you coming back with our drinks - walking and thinking. [...] Now you're sitting next to me drinking your Coke. I was holding out one last hope that you'd notice and say 'Hey your hair's changed' but no. If you had, I would have torn up this letter and said 'Let's go to your place...' But you're about as sensitive as a steel plate. Goodbye"

0 Comments:

发表评论

<< Home